Montreal-based Drawn & Quarterly is accepting fellowship applications for 2022, the first time we have had fellows since 2019! Apply by Monday, April 4, at 8 a.m. Eastern. We’re excited to hear from you!
D+Q is an independent 33-year-old graphic novel publisher with outstanding production and editorial values as well as a firm belief in creators’ rights and sound business practices. We publish on average 25 books a year. Our office is on the charming first floor of a 120-year-old triplex two blocks away from Marché Jean Talon in Montreal’s Little Italy.
Our publishing fellowship offers an introduction to all facets of the book business: editorial; production and design; marketing and sales; and retail. It is ideal for candidates wishing to gain paid experience in professional practices of the book industry at a small, independent publisher/retailer with an international reach.
- Duration: flexible 3-6 month term, tentatively starting May 16 (contingent upon successful candidate’s availability and the developing COVID situation)
- 32 hours per week: Monday through Thursday, 9:30-5:30.
- $15.50 per hour
- Bixi or Metro pass provided
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter detailing your love of comics and your favorite D+Q graphic novel via our Indeed posting.
- Read and be fans of contemporary comics and literature and understand who D+Q is, as well as its peers, and their place within both the international comics community and the North American publishing landscape
- Be professional, punctual, detail-oriented, and possess a team-oriented business acumen
- Be Canadian citizens; permanent residents; or have an existing work permit—we are unable to sponsor visas
- Must be able to work in the office; this is not a remote position
D+Q is actively committed to employment equity and a more inclusive workspace. We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply, including Indigenous peoples, Black people, members of racialized groups, immigrants, 2SLGBTQIA+, people of all ages, those with diverse life experiences, and members of other historically marginalized communities.
D+Q would like to acknowledge that our company is located on the unceded territory of the Kanien’kehá:ka. Many of us refer to Montreal as our home, but it is named Tiohtià:ke. It has always been a gathering place for many First Nations and continues to be home to a diverse population of Indigenous peoples. We are grateful that creating and sharing stories has been a part of this land for thousands of years.